Friday 30 March 2007

Prepster jacket from the Happy Hooker

This is the back of the jacket.

A close up of the stitches.

The back from a different angle.

The back and the right front completed.

I have been eyeing this pattern for a while and then I found this yarn in my stash and I thought it would be perfect for this Jacket! I bought this wool from my local post office ( a post office that sells wool, how perfect is that!) It was a bargain, 15 50g balls for just £7.99. I think it must have been lying in the sun, because parts of the wool are faded, but maybe it's meant to be like this, anyway, I like the effect as it gives a washed out effect, which I think suits this jacket! I have been having trouble sleeping at night, so I have been doing this whilst in bed watching a movie or tv (is that sad?) I had to go right down to 2.5 mm hook to get the gauge for this ( I must crochet really loose)! The pattern say's to use a arun/worsted weight yarn, but this is a dk weight(light worsted) i think this is going to look good with a nice pair of jeans!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: