Friday 30 March 2007

The sqaure so far!


Here are the squares that I have made so far for my throw. Most of the square patterns come from the part-work magazine called The Art of Knitting. basically you collect 90 issues and in each issue there is a pattern for a new square for your throw. With each issue you get a ball of yarn for your square. In theory, this is an expensive way to make a throw! but I am using other stitch patterns from books and from online as well, as I want to make a Throw big enough to cover a double bed.Granted it's a really long term project, but the squares are good to do when you just fancy doing something quick. i havn't blocked the squares yet, so they are not as flat/square as they should be! For some reason I have great difficulty in doing the moss stitch and double moss stitch even though I write down the rows as I go it always ends up as ribbing lol! Some of the squares are supposed to have embroided designs on them, but I havn't had the patience to do this yet, as sewing and I don't really work together, but I must try as it will be a new skill to learn!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: